One the worlds leading reinsurers is seeking a talented, senior pricing actuary to lead their regional Asia Pricing function.
- As part of the leadership team of the Asian markets, provide advice into the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics of the region
- Provide advice to the Asia management team in terms of pricing strategy including considerations of insurance risk and operational risk
- Lead functional aspects of traditional pricing for the companies Asian operations (Hong Kong, South East Asia, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan and India) including setting and granting pricing authorities, managing escalation process and procedures and signing off large and complex transactions and pricing basis
- Provide global leadership into the technical direction of the firms global pricing strategy, methodology and guidance
The required skills:
- 10 years of experience in senior management and leadership roles with proven successful track record. You will have a strong combination of both technical depth and people leadership experience, ideally across a variety of Asian cultures and geographies.
- Accreditation as a fellow in a globally recognised actuarial association (e.g. US, Canada, Australia, UK or equivalent)
- 15+ years of actuarial experience in life, annuity or health
- Exceptional ability to remotely lead a team of highly motivated and professional direct and indirect reports; demonstrated ability to mentor and develop associates
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with the ability to interface with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of actuarial modeling
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills