We are looking for a leader to oversee the GAAP and Statutory Valuation of the Annuities Division. This role includes managing a team of around 10 individuals working on all aspects of reserving and DAC for all annuity product lines. Must be comfortable presenting results and insights to leadership on a regular basis. Ability to drive for results by focusing on material impact items and important strategic metrics.
- One of the lead actuaries within a division overseeing a major segment or function such as pricing/product development, financial reporting, modeling, and/or risk management.
- Lead member of the division actuarial team and may assist with division planning and setting strategy for achievement of division goals.
- Approximately 25% of time spent on recurring duties, 35% on project related work, and 40% management related duties including reviewing work, developing employees, and leading teams
Why Work for us:
Here's what some of our employees have to say about why they work with us:
"I feel welcome and included every day and I really believe you can be yourself here. - Deputy Chief Compliance Officer
"This company values learning. We have so many resources - whether that is the Student of the Business courses, sponsorship of professional certifications, or just individual employees being so willing to teach and answer questions." - Financial Reporting Lead Senior Analyst
What we offer you:
Benefits and Perks
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with strong quantitative background including college level Mathematics
- Experience with Polysystems preferred
- 8-10 years of insurance related actuarial experience
- FSA required
- Must have annuities experience.
- Fixed Indexed Annuity and Registered Indexed Annuity Experience Preferred
- Exceptional technical and computer skills, including use of complex spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and data management tools
- Deep expertise in insurance product reserving rules as well as US GAAP accounting rules and knowledge of industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to operate and influence in a matrixed organization
- Strong aptitude to manage a complex set of simultaneous projects and initiatives to successful outcomes
- Proven ability to present technical information to large audiences
- Professional presence with polished and well-developed oral/written communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Broad expertise in a variety of company, industry, and regulatory actuarial issues
- Expressed commitment to professional development
- Familiarity with US GAAP Long Duration Targeted Improvements preferred
We empower inclusion
We aspire to be the most inclusive insurance company in the country. We're building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute.
Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspective, and removing barriers. We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company.
Creating a world where more people have access to financial freedom
We are a national financial services company dedicated to helping people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about the future. In our daily work, we're guided by the principles of Value, Transparency and Sustainability. This means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and openly so people understand what they're buying, and we design products and operate our company to stand the test of time. We're committed to showing up for our communities, lifting up our employees, and standing up for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Join our team and help us create a world where more people have access to financial freedom.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.