An introduction to OJ
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide.
When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously. From day one, our global People and Performance team will work with you to build your confidence and knowledge through a tailored training programme, and this remains the case at every stage of your career.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talent professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the role
This position is for an Associate Consultant working at our Manchester office, focusing on permanent Actuarial & Investment Solutions recruitment. This role will involve engaging with both active and passive candidates via headhunting to support our experienced Recruitment Consultants in the delivery of part and newly qualified candidates. Full training will be provided to progress the successful applicant into a full recruitment consultant position.
- Utilise various and consistent candidate attraction strategies such as job board advertising, social media marketing, referrals, LinkedIn recruiter and headhunting through our in-house CRM
- Make use of our in-house CRM and LinkedIn recruiter to map the Actuarial market and identify potential talent for our clients across consultancy and insurance
- Engage with both active candidates regarding their job search and passive candidates to identify and understand their long-term career aspirations
- Qualify candidates through detailed questioning and sell relevant opportunities
- Identify leads and opportunities for new client business
- Ideally 6-18 months experience in a professional services or sales role OR an ambitious, commercial graduate
- Experience in a resourcing/delivery role within financial services would be beneficial
- A natural drive to understand what makes people tick and build strong relationships
- Commercial mindset
- Results driven and ambitious with excellent organization skills
What we offer
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private healthcare
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Tailored training at every level of your career
- Holiday allowance
- Festive shutdown (circa 10 days) - not taken as holiday allowance
- Monthly OJ get togethers
- Annual Company Social Events
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers
- Regular team socials
Introduction to OJ Manchester from Rick Davis, UK Director
Welcome to OJ Manchester!
Manchester is the global HQ of the Oliver James Group and our goal is to remain a centre of excellence when it comes to hiring new talent, providing them with the tools to succeed and ultimately, allow people to grow long and lucrative careers within the Group, whether that be UK or abroad.
Our office has been responsible for creating over 65% of the Group's Global Director community, along with a large proportion of top performing consultants each year. As a leadership team, we work hard to ensure our culture puts people at the forefront of everything we do. We believe everyone should benefit from our award-winning training plan, no matter their level, experience, or job role, so we tailor a development plan to suit every individual who entrusts their career to Oliver James.
Above all, we want people to excel in our business by enjoying their work. We listen to people, promote well-being and flexibility, and make sure they enter the office each day with a purpose and smile.