(Amsterdam) €80.000 - €120.000 fulltime Annual
The Audit department conducts and coordinates operational audits across the bank with a specialist team set up for the Model Risk area. As part of this team, an Audit Manager plays an important role in providing assurance within Model Risk for worldwide coverage.
Roles and responsibilities
As an Audit Manager you are together with quantitative model experts, globally responsible for performing audits and audit strategy on model related matters, and thereby adding value to the organisation. Awareness of model risk management, as well as a strong understanding of internal audit processes and the regulatory risk environment, are key. You are involved in multiple (complex) audits at the same time, and deliver key messages to auditees and senior management. In addition, stakeholder interaction and continuous learning is crucial to stay ahead. If required, you also act as Audit Lead.
You assist the audit team in applying well-known validation and test techniques for both regulatory (e.g. AIRB, VaR/Expected Shortfall) and non-regulatory models (e.g. credit decision, pricing/valuation, IFRS, machine learning). Your main counterparts in the organization are working in model risk management, model development, model validation, model measurement, and analytics departments. You will challenge them towards developing industry best practices and new modelling techniques.
You will be located in Amsterdam within the Model Risk audit team, working in hybrid mode between home and the office. International audits are performed as a joint effort between local audit teams and central model specialists. This team is part of the Risk & Finance Division. The Audit department is a highly professional organisation with audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 400 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training is highly supported and innovation is stimulated.
How to succeed
Strong verbal, writing, analytical and interpersonal skills help you to ask the right questions and get the right information. Good communication skills are also important when you have to overcome resistance first. You are accurate, diligent and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams, coaching individuals, sharing audit knowledge and managing staff assignments.
Furthermore, you adhere to the values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
- have an academic degree and are in the possession of certification in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation (RA/RO, ACCA, CPA, CIA)
- are keen in exploring many aspects of financial modelling.
- have managed teams, either directly or indirectly, and can influence, and support a team.
- have (international) experience in complex organisations, a bird's eye view and knowledge of the business, risks, and associated controls.
- have (preferably) more than 8 years of relevant work experience in audit within a major bank, financial institution or consultancy firm.
- have a proficient understanding of internal audit processes, including identifying and evaluating key risks and process controls, setting an audit scope and developing audit testing.
- are persuasive; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to get buy-in from senior and executive stakeholders.
- are organisationally sensitive and effective in conflict management.
- are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated).
- are willing to travel several weeks per year.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it's possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life.
The benefits of working with us include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what's possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer's interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than here. Join us. Apply today.
If you think that this is an interesting opportunity for you then I would like to get in contact!
Arie.firstname.lastname@example.org / +3208088609