Our client is a leading provider of casualty insurance products, specifically professional liability insurance in North America.
The company is seeking a qualified accounting professional to join the company as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with statutory accounting principles prescribed by the National Association of Insurance Companies and other regulatory authorities in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the insurance industry.
As a key member of the Executive Team, this role will report into the Company President and will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's long-term plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization;
- Optimize the investment portfolio while maintaining compliance with investment policy and handle bank relationships to enhance investment returns.
- Develop reliable cash flow projections and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 to 15 plus years in progressive management/leadership roles in related insurance businesses and industries.
- Strong knowledge in Statutory and GAAP insurance Reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
If you fit the above qualifications and would like to apply please use the prompts provided or alternatively email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates with working rights in the United States can apply.