Oliver James are currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity with a leading Reinsurance company as they go into the next phase of growth in their Dublin offering.
Our client is looking for a mid-level Claims Handler to join their expanding claims team and is a newly created position, reporting into the head of the Function.
The successful candidate will be involved in maintaining, handling and settling a portfolio of complex insurance or reinsurance claims within the General insurance space. You will also be responsible for evaluating, negotiating and resolving reinsurance claims whilst maintaining a strong customer focused mind set.
A typical day-to-day will look like but will not be limited to the following;
- handling of reinsurance treaty claims, including an ability to negotiate to settlement and closure across jurisdictions
- Investing claims in a thorough and comprehensive manner
- Capable of acting as a point of referral when required for customers
- Where delegated, assist with cedant audits and review processes
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Acting as a point of referral when required for all stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have previously worked within a GI or life re/insurance firm and will ideally have exposure to the following competencies:
- Relevant Claims Hanling experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- CIP/APA qualified or desire to progress to an (re) insurance qualification and understanding of (re)insurance principles
If this sounds like something you're interested in applying for, click the apply button below. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please don't hesitate in reaching out on the below information;
firstname.lastname@example.org | +35314854596