Commercial Lead / Director - Retail / E-Commerce Business - Nottingham / Remote
Fast paced retail business who have gone through incredible growth through the last 2 years and are on their journey to take the business fully on-line by digitising their business. They are investing heavily to become a digital first business and are on an exciting transformation journey. We are looking for a candidate who has experience of working within fast paced and growing e-commerce and retail businesses.
This is a brand new role in the business which this role will act as the Commercial Lead across all brands within the business.
As Commercial Lead for the direct channels, you will be accountable for growing commercial performance across all digital channels in the UK and Europe, managing the overall P&L and delivering revenue, contribution, profitability, customer growth and experience targets across branded direct channels.
You will set the strategy, direction and priorities for growing and optimising branded digital channel performance across the B2C & B2B SME segments, with a heavy emphasis on transitioning to a digital driven operating model with 80%+ of revenue being driven through digital by 2024. You will work closely with Group central functions (eg Digital, Marketing, Operations, Product, Finance & Transformation/IT) to set and deliver the strategy, priorities and go to market plans across the B2C & B2B SME segments across the digital and direct sales channels.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Customer focused commercial leader, with demonstrable experience at a senior level of delivering P&L growth across B2C & B2B SME segments and markets, enabled through digital change to support business growth, create efficiencies and a culture of continuous improvement
· 10+ years senior commercial leadership experience ideally with a large ecommerce and digital component driving growth
· Extensive B2C & B2B experience, ideally in retail and ecommerce, across a range of sectors and/or organisations with revenue responsibilities of £30m+
· Extensive experience of leading a range of functional teams (either directly or via matrix/shared service model) including product, operations, customer services, digital & marketing
· Extensive experience of delivering through others, particularly working within a Group shared services organizational model, with a successful track record of commercial growth and delivery
· Be a strong leader, able to set direction, inspire and bring other teams with you whilst driving change and support across the wider group
· Exceptional communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage the collaboration of others, particularly across the Group shared service functions