The aim of this role is to support the Regulatory Affairs team in the development, maintenance and oversight of compliance and governance processes and disciplines across the business, regulatory horizon scanning and regulatory change.
- To act as a Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of relevant areas of PRA, FCA and Lloyd's and applicable overseas regulation
- To assess and manage the level of regulatory risk and compliance with regulation, through the oversight of relevant areas the business and compliance framework and by undertaking thematic reviews and monitoring of those areas
- This role spans multiple, legal and regulatory frameworks across various geographical boundaries. These include the countries where the segment entities are primarily regulated (UK, Luxembourg), the countries where the segment has establishment operations across Europe, where there are material run-off operations (including Switzerland and Singapore), and where the segment carries our business in third countries in particular where there are local licencing, prudential or sanctions regulations.
- Provide effective regulatory business partnering, advice and support to the business on upcoming legal and regulatory issues throughout the business and provide commercially compliant solutions.
- Manage the implementation of proactive and effective regulatory business partnering to educate and advance business units' understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Act as the business expert on multiple areas of the compliance framework, in line with the compliance plan, to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of PRA, FCA, Lloyd's and other applicable regulators and regulation
- Deliver on agreed areas of the compliance plan, reporting on issues and achievements
- Drive improvements in areas of responsibility and propose changes to improve compliance and business efficiency
- Deliver effective and impactful training to the business enhance engagement with regulatory issues and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Where regulatory projects are required manage the successful delivery including monitoring project progress.
- Provide input and assist in the preparation of key internal documents including Board and Committee packs.
- Work with the Regulatory Affairs Director to manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support, as required
- Provide appropriate and timely reporting on issues to relevant management
- Collaborate with colleagues in Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR and Legal teams to coordinate monitoring, assurance and transactional advice to the business.
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice. Identify and review upcoming regulatory developments, including FCA, PRA and Lloyd's.
- Support the development, maintenance and review of compliance policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects as necessary at the behest of senior management.
- Drive a high performance culture through leading by example and setting the tone for the organisation
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a Compliance or legal function (3+ years of company market and/or Lloyd's experience)
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework including FCA/Lloyd's.
- Maintains a current, in-depth knowledge of the competitive market landscape, trends and industry developments, legal and regulatory requirements and territorial issues etc. leveraging knowledge to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance.
- Excellent collaboration skills - someone who can work well with and influence all levels of the organisation from the Board through to junior staff, and our Continental and US teams; communicating complex legal concepts and advice in a clear manner, including training and presentations.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills at all organisational levels (internally and externally) and the ability to work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines.
- Analytical skills - issues are identified and assessed within a commercial and legal framework, quickly and acted on decisively.
- Maintains own fitness and propriety for the role, including a commitment to ongoing CPD