Oliver James is looking for the next European Compliance Manager! Do you have 2 years of experience as compliance manager and you wish to grow becoming Europe Manager?
Are you an experienced Compliance Specialist in the Specialty Insurance Industry and looking for an exciting new challenge that's a little bit different?
About The Role
The role will be responsible for maintaining European trading authorisations in Belgium and the rest of the EEA, implementing and monitoring our European compliance policies and procedures, advising internal stakeholders on Belgian and broader European compliance and supporting the Head of International Compliance in managing the relationship with and expectations of our key external stakeholders, including our domestic regulator the Belgian FSMA and our lead capacity provider Lloyd's Europe.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the Head of International Compliance in setting up the European compliance function, to ensure that the company complies with all applicable regulation and maintains all of its trading authorisations, in Belgium and the rest of the EEA.
- Ensure the company complies with all internal policies, all laws and regulations applicable to its activities, including activities authorised and regulated by the Belgian FSMA as well as other European regulatory authorities.
- Act as the local compliance contact for the Belgian FSMA, responding to any regulatory queries and requests and appropriately escalating any regulatory issues to the Head of International Compliance.
- Support the Head of International Compliance in liaison with Lloyd's Europe as the key capacity provider to ensure that the company operates in accordance with and continues to meet all applicable Lloyd's compliance requirements.
- Participate in the Company Committee, including the preparation of reporting and management information to the relevant boards and committees.
- Support the Head of International Compliance in the preparation of the Compliance and Risk Report segments and the delivery of the Overseas Office Oversight Plan.
- Support internal and carrier audits, as well as any compliance or regulatory remediation actions.
- Support the legislative monitoring process, including the identification of relevant regulatory and legal developments and the communication of these to the business.
- Support the design and delivery of appropriate regulatory training.
- Provide commercially astute, tailored advice to business stakeholders in respect of European compliance queries.
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated technical compliance experience, ideally acquired working at a Belgium based insurer or intermediary.
- Ability to work independently in a high pace environment and on own initiative, whilst being part of a wider remote working team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and French.
- Ability to build strong and productive relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, and work collaboratively.
- Sound judgement and business acumen with a professional and discreet manner.
- Understanding or interest in fintech, or a data-driven business highly regarded.
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of the FSMA and pan-European regulations. Ability to apply a principles based regulatory framework highly regarded.
- Insurance experience essential, either with an insurer, broker or MGA. Experience with or an understanding of the Lloyd's Europe trading model highly regarded.
- Experience working with delegated authorities, including a knowledge of how binding authority agreements work, would be highly regarded.
- Broad generalist compliance experience covering licencing, sanctions & financial crime, compliance monitoring and delivering regulatory projects.
- Degree highly regarded but not essential.
Sound interesting? Register your interest and let's start the conversation
Reach out to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 02 588 04 70.