The Controls team is responsible for strengthening and implementing effective control frameworks that will minimize potential risks to customers. The team works closely with other areas within Governance & Controls, including Conduct, Customer Relations & Quality Assurance, as well as the wider business.
This role will require you to design, develop and enhance end to end customer journeys in alignment with regulatory and compliance requirements. This will enable the business to extend durable and repeatable frameworks across the business and evolve our services to manage risk via provision of durable control frameworks.
- Take accountability for consistent embedding of the control framework across the business, specifically to
- Develop the 1st Line Control Framework Strategy
- Support enhancement of the 1st Line Core Controls Catalogue, enhancing and refining to improve impact and insights
- Ensure operational 'incidents' are appropriately recorded in an accurate and timely manner; and
- Facilitate ongoing Risk and Control Self-Assessment activity with first line teams.
- Develop and lead the execution of testing regime to understand the:
- Adequacy of the first line control environment;
- Delivery of desired customer outcomes across all key journeys; and
- Ongoing compliance with financial services regulation.
- Foster strong relationships with the business to provide effective control management support (including reporting) to enable each Senior Manager Function to discharge their risk management responsibilities
- Implement and deliver Control and Validation reporting to all relevant stakeholders, ensuring a comprehensive set of reporting is provided to maintain the risk profile within risk appetite
- Ensure robust governance and decision making is in place across first line risk management activity to support Material Risk Takers and Senior Management Functions
- Lead the delivery of an ongoing programme of change to mature the control culture
Execute all responsibilities in an increasingly efficient way seeking out opportunities for innovation, continuous improvement and digitisation