Senior Data Analyst - Insurance
The Principal Data Analyst will be responsible for championing the MI Data Warehouse, Reporting tools and Data Governance capabilities across the companies EO. They will work with business users in order to identify their data requirements for the data warehouse and reporting solutions, look at developing data governance capabilities while owning large pieces of delivery.
They will lead the acceptance and user testing phases of projects, provide ongoing post implementation support and encourage and support the other Data Analysts within the team.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Be aware of the Data Strategy in order to appropriately align effort with this direction
- Contribute to the development of the Data & MI team's direction and strategy in order to maximize value
- Facilitate the design, development and implementation of a fit-for-purpose data solutions via small teams with little support
- Manage and respond to data related questions and enquiries, using available data tools and procedures and ensuring adherence to the defined processes and best practice guidelines
- Build and maintain strong productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure service delivery meets business needs
- Experience in designing full and complete solutions, producing specifications detailing solutions for approval by users and for technical use by developers and testers would be beneficial
- BI tools and experience in designing end user reporting solutions
- Experience using structured analytical techniques
- Experience within a data management environment with a hands-on business role or in an IT equivalent operational background
- Hands-on experience of database tools or languages (SQL/ PL-SQL/ Oracle/ Sybase) and a wide variety of (large volume) data sources
- Previous experience in insurance, preferably Lloyd's based would be beneficial