Azure Data Engineer | Financial Services Client
Oliver James is currently working with a renowned Financial Services business looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join the Data team.
This is an opportunity to work with a technology and data-focused business who's size demands agility and gives you a chance to help shape its future!
You will be working within the technology Engineering team to design and develop data solutions within an Azure cloud-native environment. The landscape is a greenfield environment, a new Azure and Databricks-based platform will be created and implemented from the ground up, with solid skills in Azure tooling (ADF), SQL, and Python being a key requirement.
- Experience in Azure platform architecture and developing data engineering pipelines.
- Experience in SQL and Python (Spark)
- Provide technical assistance in data engineering, analysis, orchestration and enrichment
- Build relationships within the business, understand our decision-making processes and identify opportunities to exploit data to enhance decision making
- Build data solutions/applications to solve complex business problems
Key experience required
- Experience working as a Data Engineer or a similar role
- Proven track record in Data Engineering and supporting the business to gain true insight
- from data
- Strong SQL, Python, and Azure data platform experience ADF, Azure Synapse.
- Experience with data tools and languages in a cloud-native environment
- Demonstrable ability to design, implement and use different database structures with
- a particular focus on cloud-based data services such as Azure, Databricks, Snowflake.
- Experience in building ETL/ELT data pipelines and use of DevOps (CI/CD) concepts to test,
- schedule, and deploy to a production environment
If you are interested in more information please apply below.
You must be live and have the right to work in the UK to apply.