Languages: English (German advantageous)
Competitive rate: 800-1000CHF per day
Our Swiss banking client are looking for a Release Manager to join on an initial 18 month contract to support the release of a flagship digitisation project, the Release Manager will be embedded in the Project organisation and responsible for the overall schedule, planning, coordination and management of the project releases. The ideal candiaddte will have experience devops, release management, automation and test tools.
- Engagement with various stakeholders (Project Manager, Software Engineering, Test Management, Service Management, Change Management etc.) to align and plan a smooth rollout of releases
- Management of release dependencies and preparation of detailed release deployment plans
- Manage and mitigate release risk through release rehearsal and roll back plans
- Oversight and coordination of release deliverables from third party vendors
- Maintain oversight of environment configurations and ensure synchronisation
- Conduct release readiness reviews and ensure deliverables/exit criteria for go/no go meetings
- On the ground oversight and coordination for release deployments
- 5 years' experience in release and deployment management or demonstrable experience managing releases gained from a different function
- Experience with source code version control (e.g. Git), test and release management tools (e.g. Jira/Spira), automation and DevOps tools
- Basic release understanding, release experience or willingness to learn on one or several of following used technology stack solutions is an advantage (Kubernetes, Openshift, API Gateway, Middleware such as IIB ESB or IBM MQ, Oracle DB, Backbase, Mobile App development IOS or Android)
- Good knowledge of agile processes. A development/technical background would be advantageous.
- Strong communicator, able to work autonomously and with the relevant level of authority in a gatekeeper role
- Excellent English, German is advantageous