In this role, the Director, will be responsible for the client's ICT governance framework for Luxembourg and the EU branch network. Additionally, they will manage audit activities across the group, as well as coordinate with the external audit firm. This individual will partner with other internal and external groups to complete audit responsibilities.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Director IT Audit?
- Coordinating audit activities on behalf of the client with the Audit teams, internal compliance teams, external auditors and/or regulators.
- Act as the representative in front of the Luxembourg CSSF, including maintaining the IT governance policy framework, maintenance of the register of systems and applications, and ensuring compliance with obligations under the CSSF circulars 18/698, 22/805 and the European Banking Authority guidelines. This includes maintaining reports in good order for the reporting to various Boards as required.
- Attending and reporting to the client's Management Committee, the Board and fund boards as required on their audit/risk stance.
- Supporting information technology audits (e.g., application, program/project, operating system, database, computer operations, network infrastructure, web site security, disaster recovery), including obtaining a comprehensive understanding of audit areas, relevant controls and expected testing by meeting with audit representatives, documenting the control environment and supporting the client's ability to participate in audits within the given time frames, including ensuring the audit evidence provided is complete and appropriate, as well as coordinating artefact/evidence collection across the group.
- Completing audit fieldwork including documenting control weaknesses, inefficiencies, root causes, risks, and recommendations.
- Finalising audits, including reviewing working papers to ensure outcomes are appropriate and accurately describe the technology landscape.
- Interacting with internal compliance teams, external auditors and/or regulators.
- Continuing education development and other administrative time.
- Facilitates the annual audit training process for project managers.
- Reviewing all audit controls on an annual basis, recommending changes, and driving the program of work to realise improvements with internal and external teams.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ years' experience in audit in financial services in an external auditing firm, or in an internal auditor role, experience in technology audit is an asset.
- Thorough audit experience working with both internal and external groups.
- Experience working in team-orientated, collaborative environment with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Must possess good MS office skills.
- Self-motivated, directed and with keep attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Fluent in business English, French is an advantage.
- Ideal candidate will be located within Luxembourg.