You must have insurance industry experience, however you do not require previous exposure to Solvency II - my client prides themselves on their training and development and have the capacity to train your skillset to the appropriate level required.
- Ownership, coordination and preparation of Solvency II deliverables for submission to the PRA and Lloyd's (including QRTs, NSTs, QSR, ASR, QAD, AAD).
- Prepare and provide insight in regulatory review packs, approval memorandums and for presentation to senior management at regulatory committees.
- Develop quarterly Solvency II Forecasting process including the review of inputs, assumptions and presentation of findings to senior team members, working closely with FP&A on Annual three-year Plan.
- Assist in the documentation of Solvency II methodology and process documents, ensuring that these are always kept up to date.
- Monitor regulatory developments and advise on their impact on regulatory reporting.
- Work to ensure the quality of Solvency II Pillar 3 Reporting templates and the timeliness of deliverables to meet submission deadlines.
- Lead the formation and management of the reporting timetable.
- Work with wider teams including Syndicate team, Finance Operations, FP&A, Tax, Group Risk and Actuarial in the delivery of Solvency II returns, ensuring consistency across all information presented across the business
- Contribute to the wider finance and business change initiatives by identifying areas for improvement, performing data quality checks, reconciling data and developing and aligning QRTs to new system.
- To embed processes and to lead continuous improvements through own development or leveraging appropriate expertise and resource.
- Support the change control and execution of the end user testing of solvency II reporting systems.
- Support the continuous development of the Solvency II DataMart
- Work, when required, with the Business Intelligence, Actuarial team and External software providers to document and develop Pillar I/III automation solutions, data extracts and Technical Provisions.
- Lead in the interrogation and analysis of data used in Solvency II returns and recommend solutions.
Teamwork and Relationship Management
- Develop strong relationships with managers from various departments across European Operations in order to obtain the appropriate information required.
- Provide support to and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Ad-hoc reporting work as required
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Professional qualification (ACA or equivalent) with at least 2 years post qualified experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Understanding of Syndicate/Llyod's reporting requirements
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong data manipulation and testing skills
- Strong ability to clearly communicate and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Highly technical in accountancy skills, especially UK GAAP and IFRS
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Strong team working skills
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Experience in finance transformation projects/system change
- Professional approach and delivery of work product.
- Energy, enthusiasm, persistence and adaptability.
- Focus on timely delivery of quality outputs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance teams to achieve common goals.
- Drive and commitment to achieve individual, project and team objectives.
- Commitment to development of self and others.