Our client is a leading life insurer with offices regionally across the UK. Our client offers full flexibility to work from home/hybrid with very little requirement to go in to the office.
- Nearly or Qualified Actuary will be considered
- IFRS17 experience isn't essential, a strong background in financial reporting would be considered
- Commercially aware with experience of the life insurance industry, and regulatory environment.
- Experience of reporting procedures, processes and operating controls for a robust delivery of reliable and accurate financial reporting to auditable standards.
- Actuarial modelling experience including understanding of cash flow modelling, assumption setting, assessing data quality and analysis of movements.
- Experience with change control and documentation for processes and models.
- Confident communicator that is able to explain technical material to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel. Prophet, VBA, SQL also an advantage
This is an opportunity for a qualified/nearly qualified actuary to join our clients life valuation reporting team. The role is to work on IFRS reporting and modelling with particular focus on the implementation, valuation and understanding of the new IFRS 17 process and results, and how these compare to existing reporting measures such as IFRS4 and Solvency II.
We are looking for a self-driven individual, preferably with reporting and cash flow modelling experience, and IFRS17 knowledge/experience would be an advantage.
This role would suit a candidate with good technical, analytical, communication and modelling skills. The candidate should have a strong appreciation of controls and governance, be capable of working independently within a small team and be enthusiastic about working collaboratively with a range of actuarial, finance and business areas.
Want to hear more about this position? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3861 9124.