This area of the business focuses on forward-looking research on investment strategies. The primary objective of this role is to scale the business by accelerating growth in current markets (Singapore, Hong Kong & Taiwan) and expand into other Asia markets.
The role assumes P&L management of the fund, including oversight of sales, marketing/PR, legal/compliance, research, operational and technology functions to support its distribution.
The candidate's primary role will be to build relationships with investment managers as prospective clients as well as with private banks, financial intermediaries/advisors as prospective users of the fund watch and prospects for other advisory services. To do this, the candidate will leverage both existing business resources and leverage their own external networks.
60% of this role requires driving Business Development:
- Building relationships with investment managers and engaging investment managers to commission their funds/strategies for rating.
- Building relationships with private banks, financial intermediaries and financial advisors in the market to drive their usage of the fund watch
- Building relationships with internal Wealth consultants in order to leverage their external networks and their sales support.
20% of the role will be managing exciting propositions:
- Work with the marketing team to raise awareness and excitement about the offering, and develop appropriate external marketing strategies
- Work with the Global Manager Research team to ensure appropriate level of resources are made available to conduct the research and analysis on investment managers.
- Work with the legal and compliance teams to establish appropriate contracting
20% of the role is focused on lead generation and delivery of Financial Intermediary Advisory work:
- Drive efforts to aggressively market and expand the Investment services to the financial intermediary segment in Asia, growing a book of retainer and project relationships through new business presentations, RFP responses, and joint calling with other colleagues and cross-lines of other business groups
What you need:
- Minimum 10 years' solid experience in private banks/ financial intermediaries/ advisors preferred.
- University graduate or master degree.
- Resilience, proficient in multiple stakeholders' management, proactive, driven and able to manage tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious with high learnability.
- Proficient skills with Excel and PowerPoint.