As a result of both organic growth and international expansion through acquisitions, this is an opportunity which will provide second to none progression opportunities and the scope to develop at a rapid rate.
The ideal individual will be a super ambitious ACA qualified accountant with at least 1 years' industry experience.
This role is key to developing consistent and accurate financial reporting for the Group. You will be leading the production of the monthly management accounts, quarterly reporting to investors and annual financial statements for the Group.
Reporting into the Senior Group Financial Reporting manager, this role will ensure data accuracy within the consolidation process for the Group and ensuring that models and processes are robust and continually reviewed for improvement.
- Performing in a key role in the Group's internal and external financial reporting activities
- Full responsibility for the day-to-day accounting and reporting of the Group's holding companies including the accounting for the group's external borrowings and group intercompany reconciliations
- Assist the Senior Group Financial Reporting Manager in the production of the monthly Group consolidation and management accounts pack for the Board
- Analysis and interpretation of financial and business data and information to ensure accuracy and relevance of the reported numbers
- Assist with the year-end Group consolidation and production of the consolidated annual report under IFRS up to listed company standard
- Production of subsidiary statutory accounts (FRS 101), working with the Group Auditors
- Assisting the Group finance team with ad hoc technical analysis in relation to new accounting standards, acquisition accounting, etc
- Ad hoc financial reporting projects as and when required
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with both the Group finance team and divisional finance teams so as to support relevant knowledge/skill transfer, information sharing, consistent good practice and joint commitment to the resolution of accounting issues
- Take a proactive approach to reviewing current practice and determine opportunities for development
- Strong career development prospects in a rapidly growing international Group
- ACA qualified (or equivalent), several years post qualification industry experience
- Prior experience in Group Finance team
- Experience of consolidation and external reporting
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and to get into detail where needed
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a timely basis
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Helpful to have experience of SAP