Job description, Group FP&A controller - Amsterdam
1. Position in the organization
Reports to: FP&A manager
Group FP&A is responsible for the global FP&A activities related to Finance, commercial, Capex, production & supply chain area's
2. The Context
The company headquartered in The Netherlands, is a leading international producer of natural gas-based fertilizers and industrial chemicals, including nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other products used by agricultural and industrial customers with production facilities in The Netherlands, The United States, The MENA region and has 4000 employees. In 2021 the revenues stand at $6.3billion, with adjusted EBITDA of $2.5 bln and net debt of $2.2billion. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam, with the majority of the shares owned by the Sawiris family.
The company has a one-tier Board of Directors, made up of nine Non-Executive Directors and three Executive Directors, who have collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. Whilst the Board of Directors creates the strategic mandate, the Executive Directors specifically support the realization of these goals through regular reporting from each subsidiary's management team. At the same time, the operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under the guidance of executive management.
3. Tasks & responsibilities
- Support in the further optimisation of the forecasting process in Board.com
- Support our transition towards a more digital finance company
- in the further optimisation of the forecasting process in Board.com
- Maintain up to date an accurate reporting from board.com
- Prepare accurate and timely standard & ad hoc group reporting on actuals, monthly forecasts and budget based on OpCo submissions;
- Prepare group analysis, narratives on profitability and underlying drivers
- Prepare weekly sensitivity analysis;
- Collaborate with OpCo's to improve reporting quality and timeliness
- Support the transformation & development a new KPI driven environment;
- Constantly contribute to further improving processes and building a future-proof finance and reporting structure;
- Supports Refinancing, M&A and ESG projects and Prepare annual impairment tests for related subsidiaries;
4. Education & skills
- Holds a master's degree in Finance, Economics or similar directions
- 3-5 years of experience as a finance professional in a business controlling or FP&A, transaction services, corporate finance role within a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced environment
- Experienced with creating and working with financial models, experience in commodity business is a pre.
- Deadline driven with project management skills for cross-organizational coordination and timely delivery of results and presentations.
- Accurate with data and attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns.
- Tools used for the job include (among other) Board.com, HFM, Power BI, Smart view, Excel, power points, thinkcell and other reporting tools
5. Performance and personal competencies
- Must have a broad experience in reporting and analysis in combination with systems savviness planning systems (e.g. Board), consolidation systems (e.g. HFM) and BI, dashboarding (e.g. power BI)
- High potential profile and willing to go the extra mile
- Can do mentality, good team player, result driven and able to achieve them under pressure
- Good communication skills and makes arguments in a compelling manner and comes to the point.
- Works at a high pace, while delivering quality work
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus