Astral is your legal partner - we are currently working with one of the most respected financial intuition to look for an Equities Derivative Lawyer to be a part of their team of 6. You will be managing the legal risk of a range of equities related and equity derivative transactions for the Asia Pacific Markets business, excluding Japan.
In this role, you will be accountable for day-to-day, often real time, legal advice to support the Equities business while drafting appropriate documentation for a wide range of bespoke products and transactions such as cash equities, prime services, equity financing, equity derivatives, corporate derivatives and a range of cross-border issues. You will be reviewing risk analysis of new products and business proposal and develop as well as maintain essential legal documentation.
As the business is looking to expand into the Greater China, we are looking for:
- Qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction or has a JD with strong drafting/ written Chinese skills
- Experience in Equities and/ or Derivatives in top tier law firm or international financial institution
- Knowledgeable with ISDA documentation and various ISDA product definitions as well as the other industry standard master documentation (e.g. GMSLA and GMRA)
- Open to consider candidates who are experienced in derivatives but not necessarily in the Equities space
- Team player with the ability to keep senior stakeholders updated on transaction progress as well as regulatory development
Should you be interested, please contact JJ How via email@example.com for further discussion