Job Title: Lead Software Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Lead Software Developer
Houston based global imaging services and solutions company seeking a Lead Software Developer for an exciting opportunity in the field of medical imaging management and analysis. This role involves creating, maintaining, and enhancing a suite of applications used for clinical and research purposes. As the Lead Software Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on coding (~75% of your time) and mentoring and managing a team of software engineers (~25% of your time). You will join a small team and contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge technology in a highly collaborative environment.
- Actively participate in the design, development, and upkeep of a complex suite of Windows desktop applications utilizing the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server database.
- Develop a deep understanding of our software to provide ongoing support and enhancements.
- Mentor and lead a cohesive team of software developers to ensure effective collaboration and knowledge transfer.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive internal systems documentation.
- Leverage SDLC tools and agile methodologies to optimize software development efficiency.
- Ensure that software development and documentation adhere to FDA regulatory design control and validation requirements for Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and research data collection.
- Collaborate with end-users and management to prioritize new software requests.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and standards for software development.
- Embrace company Quality Policy and support our quality objectives, taking corrective actions when necessary to manage organizational risk.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, ISO 9001, and Current Good Clinical Practices (cGCPs) pertaining to your job responsibilities.
- Adhere to HR policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Practical experience in developing SaMD within a regulated context is a plus.
- Proficiency in C++, C#, Microsoft .NET framework.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a software development team effectively.
- Experience applying Agile methodologies to the software development life cycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with IEC 62304, ISO 13485, and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 is desirable.
- Experience with diagnostic medical imaging and DICOM is a plus.
Offering a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and qualifications, along with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid vacation and holidays.
If interested please contact Tatyana Tyson at Tatyana.Tyson@oliverjames.com with an updated copy of your resume, or reach out at 737-290-0133.