Lead UX / UI Designer - Retail/Ecommerce - Manchester - £60k
Retail / eCommerce industry
This role can be based predominantly remotely with 1 or 2 office visits per week (max)
This company has a 160 year history of providing clothing solutions to various industries such as NHS, Police and various retailers and they're on a journey to become a digital first business across B2C and B2B within the UK and worldwide. This is the first UX/UI designer to enter the company so there will be a great opportunity to deliver that user journey, user experience and CRO across the company website and various devices.
You will have the opportunity to build the function and demonstrate the value or UX/UI and help drive digital adoption and growth across the group.
- Experienced in UX design and producing wireframes, user journeys and components at a senior level
- Expert in producing high quality visual designs across digital channels
- Strong in the following core areas: interaction design, visual/graphic design, information architecture, facilitation, prototyping, designing for web and app, responsive/adaptive design principles
- You will demonstrate solid understanding of common visual and interaction design principles and practice, and create appropriate sketches, wireframes, flows, design components, and prototypes, and know when to use which artefact where and when.
- Portfolio showcasing previous UX & UI work across both desktop & mobile experiences
- Experience either agency or client side working with B2C/B2B ecommerce / retail or manufacturing organisations
- Experience of working within an Agile environment working closely with scrum teams, Digital Product Owners, developers and testers
- Someone who can champion the digital user and customer across the organisation, helping the business understand the importance of UX design
- Knowledge of responsive, adaptive and `mobile first` design best practices
- Fluent in Photoshop, Abode or other UX/UI design software
This is a great role for a Senior UX/UI professional to move into a Lead role and steer the future team. The company have never had a UX/UI focused person in the team before so it's going to be a great way to make your mark within a highly profitable business while they are expanding their digital capability.
Salary to £60k + various benefits + home working.
If this sounds like you, please get in contact with Katrina at Oliver James at katrina.rajah @ oliverjames.com or click APPLY to this job advert.