Oliver James are supporting a leading Life Insurer in the search for a Life Actuary to support their IFRS 17 project on a day rate contract basis
The contractor will be a qualified or experienced actuary with a Financial Reporting background and will be supporting IFRS 17 Transitions work
Start: ASAP - Can accommodate a notice period
Duration: 12 month initial contract + Extensions
Location: Remote working (must be based in the UK)
Rate: up to £950/day!!!
Status: Inside IR35 (you will be engaged via an Umbrella company)
- Liaise with the actuarial reporting teams for SII and IFRS4 reporting, to understand how the liabilities have changed in recent years. Changes to any manually calculated liabilities need to be understood at a granular level.
- Calculate CSM figures across a range of products in line with agreed controls. An iterative approach will be used to move from indicative figures to final, audit-standard figures as IFRS17 adoption nears
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the three methods
- Exercise actuarial judgement to produce interim figures that are fit-for-purpose without undue effort
- Contribute to documents and papers used to secure approval from IFRS17 governance bodies and external auditors. To include the extension of high-level methodology decisions from T&M workstream to become fleshed-out, practical solutions
Qualified actuary (or equivalent by experience) with understanding of financial reporting metrics for Life business. An awareness of the IFRS 17 standard would be advantageous but can be learned in role.
- Qualified or Experienced Life Actuary
- Experience in Solvency II or IFRS Reporting
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 Reporting is beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please apply today or contact Chris.Armstrong@Oliverjames.com with a copy of your CV