This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the Excess Casualty division in Boston for a leading global carrier.
The primary goal as an Underwriting manager is to use your industry expertise to guide the efforts of your market facing underwriters, identify opportunities to grow the book and oversee crucial business negotiations.
We are looking for experienced individuals who are ready to take their formal step into management.
- Manage market facing underwriters who proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Identify new growth opportunities with key distributors.
- Ensure that accounts are qualified, meet with the organisation's appetite and are balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Along with underwriters in areas supervised, make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Oversee negotiations of Terms & Conditions and closes deals.
- Ensure cross-sell within areas of responsibility to increase product density with the customer.
- Provide continuous coaching on sales best practices and mentor staff to develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
Types of Profiles that have the most success with this type of role:
- Must have strong excess casualty experience.
- Strong broker relationships in the Boston area.
- Senior / Executive Underwriters that have had mentorship or leadership experience.
- Current managers that are looking to shift over to a dynamic team of market leading underwriters.