My client is looking for an aspiring Finance Analyst with experience in a FMCG environment. This is open to candidates who are looking for an opportunity to develop their finance career but is a great opportunity for the right person.
This is a great opportunity to move into a great Retail/FMCG company who are responsible for brands who have become household names.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide management accounting, data management & analytical support to Operations Finance Team.
- Manage data & analysis input for Manufacturing Variance reporting:
- Collate and process data
- Evaluation of data & results to ensure full accuracy & validity.
- Ensure reconciliation of variance results to financial accounts.
- Resolve queries & correct errors, engaging with business stakeholders as needed.
- Maintain & assist in developing finance models to ensure robustness & integrity .
- Assist in production of reporting, analysis & KPIs for Operations Finance.
- Report to agreed weekly & monthly deadlines.
- Support with other Operations reporting and data analysis, financial & non-financial.
- Assist with month end management accounts in regard to overheads for Operations cost centres & associated reporting and analysis.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations for Operational accounts.
- Understand and assist Operations Finance & Local Master Data teams with control of standard costs for materials and finished goods in M3 system; ensuring accuracy, availability and timeliness alongside relevant analysis & reporting as needed.
- Support with Local Master Data processes relevant to Finance eg. change control and finance costings.
- Assist Financial Accounting Team with processing of cash & banking.
- Support annual budget process particularly with regard to co-ordination & input of standard costs to M3 system.
- Support wider Trading & Operations Finance Team as and when required with ad-hoc projects & analysis/reporting.
- Provide absence cover for key finance tasks within team as required, specifically cover for all aspects of weekly operational variance reporting.
- Financial / Management Accounting experience ideally with a background in cost accounting
- Qualification level AAT / QBE equivalent
- Thorough & attention to detail
- Ability to spot errors, investigate & resolve in a self-sufficient manner
- IT & technical literacy, specifically Excel with ability to organise large data sets
- Able to organise own workload & prioritise tasks effectively
- Good communication skills & able to speak with people at all levels.
- Studying towards CIMA
- Previous experience of M3 or ERP system
- Experience in a similar manufacturing environment