Role Summary: The Process Automation Analyst is responsible for analyzing existing processes, identifying potential improvement opportunities utilizing automated tools, and develop change management plans to successfully implement those improvements. The Process Automation Analyst will assist in the identification of suitable/viable opportunities and managing the creation of the Robotic Automation capability. The Process Automation Analyst will operate as a liaison between different areas of the organization to promote our automation strategy and utilization of Robotics Automation/AI tools.
- Identify current state business processes, eliciting both pain points and opportunities through interviews and direct observation of employees.
- Identify processes and workflows that can be enhanced by a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) / AI
- Document the current state business processes by creating "As Is" process maps and narratives.
- Critically evaluate Business workflows with a view to improve efficiency and enhance our usage of RPA and Workflow Automation.
- Ability to understand Automation/AI tools, e.g. UiPath.
- Works closely with functional teams and business units to clearly understand defined processes to be automated
- Gather underlying process metrics to drive analysis of business process changes.
- Focuses on improving corporate performance by managing business processes.
- Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to generate consensus on new business processes.
- Assist in managing the Work Intake process
Work with business SME's during refinement meetings to create user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 4-6 years' experience as a business analyst, IT business systems analyst, insurance data analyst or similar role in the Commercial P&C industry.
- Understanding of the principles and common frameworks of business process analysis and change management.
- Understanding of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) or any other Workflow Automation tool
- Experience in working with Agile / Scrum teams for writing user stories and iterative development (sprints).
- Proven ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Thorough understanding of the different entities within a typical property & casualty insurance carrier and their role within the holistic organization.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving decision-making, sound judgment, and assertiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Able to work on any tasks in tandem.