Our client is looking for a Head of Audit who has worked in the Life & Annuities space for at least 10 years in either a second-in-charge or 'Head of' capacity to spearhead a new Audit function build out globally.
The role requires someone who has been a part of a high growth group/business, is functionally agile & able to manage multiple verticals simultaneously. A lot of autonomy is offered, the ideal candidate needs to be confident in their ability to build.
- $250 - $350k base salary, plus STIP & LTIP incentives
- BA in Accounting, Finance or similar (MA/MBA Highly preferred)
- Accounting Certification Required (CPA, CIA, CFSA etc)
- Experience working within Life & Annuity providers essential
- 10+ years of experience within an Audit function with Global scope
- Experience working in a co-sourcing environment (overseeing team AND consultants)
- Experience building global teams & upskilling/promoting individuals into leadership positions
- Ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-driven environment
- High level experience with Change Management, Global Business Implementations, from a Gov/Risk/Control perspective
- Ground-up risk-based Audit function build out, across multiple Global Business Units
- Oversee & maintain compliance efforts across the group, in alignment with global business standards
- Lead Financial, Internal & IT Control risk assessments across the business, coming up with control suggestions & improvements to be implemented
- Oversee risk & audit metrics for a variety of internal business units, partnering with C-suite & Global board
- Hiring & Development of team to support Audit plan & goals (mix of direct hire & consultants)
- Relationship management with Global business counterparts, Consultancies & External Audit firm(s).
- Actively participate in board level meetings & presentations