Risk Manager - Reinsurance - Luxembourg
Oliver James is exclusively helping a leading independent reinsurance group to find their new Risk Manager to be based in their Luxembourg office.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 4 years experience, a proven expertise in S2 and will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
The Risk Manager will assist the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) with the activities of the Risk Function, providing a second line of defence oversight of the business to support the effective management of risk and to meet stakeholder expectations, including those of regulators. The role will contribute to an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework which identifies, assesses, measures, controls, and reports on significant risks from all sources. This includes (but is not limited to), risk management policies, risk and internal control assessments, stress and scenario testing, emerging risk identification and operational risk event reporting
- Strong analytic and qualitative risk management skills (related qualifications would be viewed as a positive).
- Good knowledge of underwriting processes and insurance products.
- Experience in reviewing processes and conducting assessments against pre-agreed criteria.
- Experience and ability to question and influence senior management/ decision-makers.
- Ability to understand both the granular detail and see the bigger picture.
- Experience managing different priorities across multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and produce high-quality reports.
This is the perfect time to join their Lux Team as they are growing very fast and can offer incredible career progression and a competitive salary with up to 2 months of salary as a bonus! The business has doubled in size over the last year and only has plans to keep growing. This is the perfect moment to join their teams.
Working from home - Flexible 2/3 days
- the candidate has to live in Luxembourg