- Provide on-going support for the SAP ECC system in relation to programming work in ABAP.
- Ensure programs are coded/delivered according to Company's programming standards while maintaining necessary documentation of the development work
- Ensure SAP Workflow configuration are maintained with due diligence, taking into consideration on impact to all existing SAP Workflow
Roles & Responsibilities
- Safeguarding Company properties, information, systems and process in carrying out duty as providing BAU support in SAP ABAP and related areas.
- Attending to incidents & changes requests for SAP(primarily focused in moderate to high complexity based on Complexity Matrix defined), primarily in the areas of ABAP Workflow, SAPScript, Smartforms, IDocs and Workflow.
- Develop & maintain development documentation (Technical specifications) and other relevant documentation as necessary to ensure sustainability of development work and compliance to Change Governance.
- Deploy changes related to incidents & change requests to production system.
- Perform POC and feasibility studies for proposed solution in SAP
- Perform research beyond SAP solution and integration between SAP and other solution
- The resolution time of incidents & change requests must meet agreed SLA time based on incident/change request's priority.
- In term ofABAP specificskillset, he or she is expected to be able to performABAP programming in various areas listed but not limited to list below:
- Forms: SAPscript, Smartforms, PDF forms
- Report: Query report, List reporting, ALV reporting,
- Interface: Flat file (in txt/excel format), IDOC, ALE, BAPI, Data Medium Exchange Engine (DMEE)
- Conversion: BDC, LSMW
- Enhancement: user exits, BADI, Enhancement Implementation, Enhancement Spot, Business Transaction Events (BTE).
- Others: Workflow, Screen painting, Dialog/DYNPRO programming
- Any other new SAP technology in the future.
- In the event when assigned to SAP projects, he or she is expected to perform ABAP programming during such assignment with minimal guidance, and adhere to Company project management process and practice.
- Conduct technical training where required on system interfaces
- Perform ABAP code review of ABAP colleagues (QA check) to ensure programs delivered adhere to Company programming standards
- Demonstrate keen eye for identifying business process improvements opportunities and to highlight to the team
- Conduct complete knowledge transfer from time to time and at end of contract tenure.
- Bachelor's degree Information Technology/Systems, or Engineering or Business related degree majoring in computing systems
- More than 8 years SAP ABAP experience
- Strong hands-on experience in ALV, BAPI, IDoc, ALE, Smartforms, SAPScripts, Adobe Form, BAdi, BTE, Enhancement Framework, ABAP Objects
- Preferably strong hands-on experience in SAP Workflow
- Dialog programming experience
- Programming experience in the areas of FICO/TRM/ARIBA/CONCUR will be advantageous
- Experience in Java programming for ABAP will be advantageous
- Possess in-depth analytical, communication, presentation and soft skills
- Attention to detail especially in ABAP programming and design ensuring program logic is efficient (no expensive code), and ability to think in a logical manner
- Able to communicate well in English
- Able to write clearly and work within deadlines
- Able to work extended hours when necessary
- Possess personal attributes such as diligent, meticulous, tactful interpersonal skills, professional integrity and initiative
- Keen to learn, a team player and have good working attitude
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access, Visio) skills
SAP certification/training in ABAP will be advantageous