Scrum Master - Insurance (6+ Month contract)
Seeking a Scrum Master to join an Global Specialty Insurance IT function based in London. The IT team delivers the Technology and Services that enable the group to achieve their strategic and business goals.
A key role within this new way of working is the Scrum Master; a servant-leader who facilitates the process, working closely with the Technology teams, the business Product owner and other stakeholders.
Scrum Master activities would typically include the following:
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on the best use of iterative delivery practice and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Is responsible for ensuring Scrum methodology is understood and is used to improve Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organisation, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organisational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to improve delivery and increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
Essential experience required:
- Prior domain knowledge of Insurance
- Experience working within Data/Reporting teams
- Bring transparency to Business and IT within the organisation
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies mainly Kanban
- Flexible/versatile enough in managing discrete pieces of work within multiple streams whilst sometimes wearing different hats to fulfil the tasks
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams improve their efficiency