You will be part of the Group Functions Team, being in charge of managing and controlling the Corporate Overhead costs, including budgeting, forecasting, bookkeeping and accounting, as well as the Dutch tax and statutory reporting aspects, within the Group Controlling Department.
In the role of Senior accountant within the company you are the financial specialist responsible for all accounting related topics for the Dutch corporate entities with a substantial involvement in tax and treasury. You will be working within the Corporate Administration department, whereby the Senior accountant will report to the Accounting Manager, to ensure group accounting policies are applied and act as point of contact for Dutch GAAP related accounting standards. You will be working in an international environment, collaborating with colleagues from various finance, tax & treasury departments as well as act as contact for external parties such as local authorities and auditors.
You will liaise with Group Tax and Treasury to ensure reliable data is generated for corporate tax purposes, internal financing for dividends and (if applicable) share repurchase program, and inter-company reconciliations.
Furthermore, you will:
- Be responsible for the preparation of annual financial statements for Dutch (corporate) entities and - jointly with our Legal department - ensure timely adoption and filings with the Chamber of Commerce;
- Be responsible for the general ledger entries on Dutch Group Functions perimeter, in particular equity related transactions of the stock-listed parent company (including share-based payments), payroll accounting, accruals process and asset register;
- Support with the audit process of company financial statements of the Dutch entities;
- Support overhead cost controllers in managing the Planning & Control Cycle e.g. monthly business reviews, annual budgeting and quarterly forecast processes (i.e. prepare and align forecasts versus actuals), Management Operating Report (MOR) reviews;
- Support the various service lines and departments with amongst others (i) support with the Purchase-to-Pay process, (ii) ad-hoc requests on financial details and accounting questions, (iii) migration to ERP (IFS) system and (iv) support with external tax audits;
- Prepare and validate VAT returns, CIT filings in cooperation with the internal tax department/ external tax consultant and to that extent prepare internal Tax reporting packages for Dutch entities;
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly reports to the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and Central Office for Statistics (CBS), and to that extent maintain contacts with the DNB and CBS; and
- Support in developing and implementing internal control related policies and regulations in line with corporate accounting principles.
Our preferred candidate for the role of Financial accountant has a minimum of BSc degree in business, economics or equivalent and a minimum of five years of relevant experience. You have a good understanding of tax accounting and knowledge of Dutch GAAP, IFRS and Tax Law and Legislation.
In addition to this, you have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point);
- Knowledge of accounting / consolidation systems, preferably IFS ERP System;
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills; and
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
You are a self-starter who is eager to learn as well as a team player. You act as a business partner when it comes to Dutch regulations, and accounting standards, aim for continuous improvement and you are adaptive to change.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible working hours; and
- Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.