I am currently working with one of the world's leading Lloyd's Syndicate businesses for a Senior Accounting and Regulatory Policy Specialist.
- Support Senior Accounting and Regulatory Policy Specialists with the documentation of Lloyd's technical accounting and regulatory policies under US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP and other relevant national accounting standards and SII regulatory policies;
- Support the implementation of improvements to the reporting teams within the business' Finance Change programme
- Engage with ad-hoc projects to ensure that all technical issues are considered and fully addressed;
- Prepare training material and support Senior Accounting and Regulatory Policy Specialists with providing education and support to the wider finance teams, on both existing and changes in accounting and regulatory policy where relevant.
- Stay up to date with changes to accounting standards, across US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP, Spanish GAAP and IFRS
- Evaluate the effects of new technical accounting/ regulatory policy changes on current processes and ensure impact is fully assessed and applied consistently across the statutory accounts;
- Document accounting policy memos for complex transactions;
- Provide ad-hoc technical accounting support to the reporting teams and ensure accurate ledger entries including GAAP adjustments are performed.
- Understand the current and future external reporting landscape and identify how these may need to change to support the needs of the business and future Finance requirements;
- Build and maintain effective relationships within the business, including participation in working groups on specific issues.
ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified.
Experience in preparing written technical papers
Experience in business partnering with senior stakeholders
IFRS/17, Solvency II and LLoyd's experience essential.
- Vibrant and collaborative company culture
- Hybrid working
- Remuneration up to £95,000 + target bonus + additional Benefits