This role is a key position within a newly built team responsible for the delivery of technology innovation and digitisation initiatives across the business. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of technology excellence, automation, digitisation and better exploitation of data to further enable and accelerate the growth ambitions.We are looking for a hands-on architect with strong tech experience that can gude our engineering teams and see through the implementation of e2e platforms.
- To support OE's in identifying and realizing the benefits of specific Digital and automation initiatives, as well as of agile, DevOps and CI/CD practices in general.
- To support define and implement technology best practice
- To assist in the delivery of Technology strategy
- To own and define architecture artefacts, guardrails and technical implementation guidelines in a clear and concise manner
- To define the detailed platform architecture for full stack digital insurance solutions and get the buy-in from the CTOs
- To review and provide recommendations on platform architure and microservices down to the code level and guide the engineers
- To synthesise requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- To define and support the delivery of integration technologies, APIs etc. including back to front office, legacy to digital and internal and external/ partner integration.
- To identify a process & set of KPI's that monitor/drive the automation and digitisation efforts
- To be the champion of Agile ways of working, and platform thinking driving ideas and solutions
- To work with variety of internal and external partners, to run RFI's, RFP's and POC's at pace to support business requirements.
- University degree (Master's equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience and executive level presence
- 5+ years of experience as the lead technologist/architect for a major product or service
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Team player and able to work in an environment of high levels of change and diversity of activities
- Highly proactive requiring little day to day direction and enjoy working at pace
- Internal or external consultancy experience with multiple partners and priorities
- Experience of leading teams and senior stakeholder engagement
- Experience of integration of internal/ external and front to back office technologies incl. on premise and cloud environments.
- Insurance or Financial services experience as a senior architect
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, coach and bring the team together in implementing new ideas
- Communicates with impact, negotiates skillfully in demanding situations and effectively influences across all levels including senior and non-technical leaders
- Thinks strategically in defining solutions balancing business needs with technical, focusing on commercial outcomes
- Establishes, maintains and develop strong relationship within the OEs including at senior levels
- Leading and managing a topic unaided end to end
- Take multiple and divergent data points to reach a conclusion that is presented in an understandable format to stakeholders
- Effectively navigate in ambiguity, shaping up new initiatives working with the relevant stakeholders with business impact
- Applying the nuances of influencing based on the situation, knowing when to push and when to ease
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills
- Presents well and with conviction
- Good listener but can speak up if and when required
- Actively network and build bridges across teams with different cultures and working environments