A leading insurer is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant (Regional) to be based in Malaysia. The role has the primary responsibility for providing wide collaboration with peers and cross functional team in achieving various Finance objectives.
- Responsible for timely and accurate Statutory and Regulatory
- Dealing with regulatory queries, and to act as strong deputy to finance lead
- Able to project & control solvency target RBC / RBC2 framework, supervise entity/entities performance in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Support IFRS 17 and 9 delivery for the organisation
- Able to interpret accounting standard application to large transaction and initiatives impact
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to Governance bodies & committees
- Design and drive effective reinsurance analytics for internal & external purpose
- Implement governance and control
- Drive automation and efficiency
- Qualified as Chartered Accountant
- Strong understanding of international accounting standards (IFRS for example)
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience in insurance legal entity controllership, financial accounting and reporting, regional financial consolidation knowledge preferable.
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment and prior exposure in dealing with external stakeholders.
- Effective collaborator with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in producing high quality analytics for insurance business and management/governance body reporting
- Strong focus on improving the control environment and continuous improvement of processes
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders