Our client is looking to bring in a Senior Internal Auditor to help spearhead their SOX reporting & controls function. This is a role with high visibility across the C-Suite & board that will position the successful candidate for a strong growth trajectory within the business.
Internal Audit - Finance is responsible for conducting financial and operational audits to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and laws. Evaluates and recommends improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures. Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, internal audit project activities and fraud investigations.
- Applies knowledge of auditing, accounting and internal control concepts to evaluate financial and operational business activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of process flows, process documentation and internal control identification.
- Leverages project management skills to define audit testing plans, execute and document internal controls testing, and document testing results and related audit findings.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to interact with others in a constructive manner that builds trust.
- Clearly and accurately documents business processes and related audit findings.
- Assist in leading efforts of managing and executing the SOX program including identifying, performing testing, and review of SOX controls, while working with and maintaining relationships with business.
- Work directly with and perform substantive audit procedures on the behalf of our external auditors.
- Assist with the transition of controls/processes of new acquisitions and business transformations.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the related business/process being evaluated.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance (MBA preferred)
- CPA/CIA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Audit (external or internal)
- Strong knowledge of SOX
- Knowledge of the Insurance/FS space preferred, but not essential
- Comfortable with hybrid onsite working schedule