A top tier Life Reinsurance business is looking for a Senior Medical Underwriter to join their dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for more challenge in their current role, to bring together their apitutude for medical and research and underwriting expertise to the table.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of mortality and morbidity experience analysis actuarial metrices. (You will be working closely with internal stakeholders and external experts, and carrying out independent medical research to obtain medical evidence and use them in a tangible manner to assess insurance risks. You will also participate in providing your high qualified opinions and expert knowledge to product development and various underwriting and claims projects.
- At least 8 - 10 years of underwriting and claim experience in the (re)insurance industry with significant experience in underwriting and claim planning, management of underwriting manual and risk management.
- Project work within underwriting and claims experience is a plus.
- Possesses deep knowledge of clinical medicine which includes the understanding of diseases, their risk factors, and treatment options.
- Ability to translate medical knowledge obtained through various sources (internal stakeholders, external experts, and other research avenues) into tangible insurance risk impacts.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgement and commercial awareness.
- Good understanding of mortality and morbidity experience analysis actuarial metrices.