As a cloud architect, your primary role will be to lead the technical direction for an engagement as you align with the client's goals and business objectives. You will play a critical role in architecting all aspects of a cloud solution; security, performance, availability, maintainability and cost. All the while keeping the customer's initial business objectives in mind.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of cloud architecture best practices and the ability to effectively communicate the proposed strategy to a client. The architect will be involved in all phases of a client engagement, from discovery through implementation. They will act as a technical mentor and support the delivery team throughout the engagement.
A cloud architect will be able to translate business objectives into an actionable backlog of deliverables with clear alignment to project stakeholders. As the backlog is executed, they will be responsible for the overall quality of work being delivered and making sure design considerations are being followed.
Cloud Architect Responsibilities
- Design and implement cloud based solutions tailored to meet specific client needs
- Automate the provisioning of cloud resources using industry standard tooling and methodologies
- Develop and execute an effective cloud migration strategy from planning to production
- Implement security best practices across a variety of frameworks and compliance environments
- Educate clients on best practices, industry trends and methodologies to ensure long term sustainability
- Identify and optimize cloud environments for cost and performance
- Establish lasting client relationships based on trust and humility
- Act as a technical mentor to other architects/engineers within the company
- Contribute to the growth of the company through training, certifications and internal initiatives
Desired Skills & Experience
- Architecting solutions to meet a variety of objectives in AWS or GCP
- Common Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Terraform, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Kubernetes configuration and deployment strategies
- Advanced understanding of network design and security best practices
- Experience working with common CI/CD applications: Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, TFS
- Working knowledge of common database platforms: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres