As the Technology Risk Control and Regulation Manager, you will work within the 1st Line of defence.
- This role requires the individual to have an understanding of the technology risk and control environment. You will advance the maturity of controls across the Technology team and processes.
- This role supports engagement with Regulator on the performance and alignment of the Business with regulatory requirements that apply to the areas of cyber and technology.
- The individual will be involved in the preparation of regulatory submissions in addition to responding to regulatory queries and assisting the Technology team to respond to regulatory requests.
- This will require the successful candidate to establish successful engagement with key stakeholders within Technology, Cyber, Business and other Risk/ Control functions across 1st and 2nd lines of defence.
- Continuous improvement of the technology control environment, leveraging the advanced capabilities of the organisation to enable successful growth and advancement of Technology.
- Understanding of the technology & cyber regulatory requirements to operate in the European banking environment.
- Assessment of regulatory requirements (EU and regional requirements) so as to ensure alignment of Group processes to local requirements
- Coordination of Technology response to Regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the coordination of external audit activities and support the relationship with Technology, resulting in a strong partnership, targeted/accurate and effective observations.
- Establishing successful engagement with key stakeholders within Technology, Cyber, Business and other Risk/ Control functions across 1st and 2nd lines of defence.
- Drive Control accountability across the team, embed a strong risk and control culture.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Excellent Stakeholder and Relationship Management: Understand the Regulatory environment and business needs. To then apply this and work with the processes within the business to be able to proactively enable the strongest capabilities within the overall global organisation.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Building an Effective Control Environment: Champions a culture where all colleagues understand and follow the framework within which the bank follows risk and takes accountability for ensuring this. Takes personal accountability for ensuring that processes, risks and controls are applied in way that achieves a good outcome for the bank and its customers/clients
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
- Working Collaboratively: Builds a culture where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas. Sets a clear agenda where teams can each see how their activity enables success and successful expansion of the entity.
- Making Critical Decisions: Takes a flexible, agile decision making process to shape strategic direction, responding positively to changing internal and external circumstances. Promotes a culture in which the needs and perspectives of a wide range of stakeholders and partners are at the forefront of decision-making.
- Builds Self Insight: Creates an open culture where understanding own drivers, strengths and development areas is actively encouraged and valued. Supports a culture where the development of people skills is given the same priority as technical skills.
- Driving Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Shapes and drives a culture of review and improvement across the organisation. Strives to continually improve business processes that impact positively on the business and uphold the values.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Demonstrable track record of experience in Technology Risk and Control (or relevant).
- Experienced in co-ordinating responses to regulators / internal audit / external audit.
- Knowledge of relevant Control Frameworks / European Banking Regulations applicable to technology.
- Regulatory engagement - experience in Regulatory relationship management and review support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The opportunity to join a growing Bank in Ireland