This fully remote position is seated with a company in the healthcare space. Seeking highly motivated actuaries with experience in the Value Based Care and Provider contracting spaces. Any experience with Medicaid is also a perk. This role will be a sole actuary position with a plethora of growth opportunities with the expansion of the organisation.
- Focused on the areas of pricing, forecasting, benefits design, payer relations/contract optimization.
- Oversee the development of actuarial reserves and forecasting models
- Provide actuarial guidance during the close process for shared savings and risk contracts to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Model risk-sharing arrangements and expected costs with MCO partners and providers.
- Give guidance on operations and products that prioritize efforts to ensure optimal cost outcomes.
- Be a key stakeholder in business development and collaborating on competitive analyses, various contracting proposals, and revenue optimization.
- Be focused on strategic advice in order to drive both revenue and growth.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improved financial performance through actuarial analysis of legislative changes, payer contract terms and financial performance.
- Extensive knowledge of concepts and methodologies in Medicaid, Value Based Care and Provider Contracting
- Demonstrated experience fostering collaboration across teams and with clients and key partners
- Thrives in ambiguity with a bias towards action
- Bachelors, ASA required
- FSA Preferred
- Experience with Python, R and/or SQL preferred
- Ability to present reports and findings including not so popular results to leadership
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgement