The aim of this role is to support the Head of Regulatory Affairs in the management of Risk and Compliance management processes, and to develop, maintain and oversee compliance and governance processes and disciplines across the business.
You will act as a Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of relevant areas of PRA, FCA and Lloyd's and applicable overseas regulation. You will also facilitate the Company's business strategy, help mitigate against business threats and keep the Company's operations in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Provide compliance and regulatory affairs support to the company's operations within the International Segment (the "Region").
- Act as the business expert on multiple areas of the compliance framework, in line with the compliance plan, to provide guidance on the interpretation and application of PRA, FCA, Lloyd's and other applicable regulators and regulation.
- Deliver on agreed areas of the compliance plan, reporting on issues and achievements.
- Drive improvements in areas of responsibility and propose changes to improve compliance and business efficiency.
- Promote a culture of pro-active compliance within the Company, identifying requirements for and ensuring effective development and delivery of compliance training within relevant areas of the business.
- Lead the delivery of a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate compliance requirements and implement proportionate and effective processes and controls to improve the control environment across the Company.
- Manage the development of the Compliance Framework, including oversight of the Financial Crime Framework.
- Undertake thematic reviews and deliver specific monitoring over relevant areas of the business and/or compliance framework.
- Manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support and advice to the business in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate and timely reporting on issues to relevant management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to coordinate monitoring, assurance and transactional advice to the business.
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice.
- Maintain awareness of and plan for the implementation of future regulatory requirements as highlighted by PRA / FCA Consultation Papers, Policy Statements etc.
- Lead the development, maintenance and review of compliance policies and procedures
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a Compliance or Legal function (7+ years of company market and/or Lloyd's experience).
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework including FCA/Lloyd's.
- Maintains a current, in-depth knowledge of the competitive market landscape, trends and industry developments, legal and regulatory requirements and territorial issues etc. leveraging knowledge to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance.
- Excellent collaboration skills - someone who can work well with and influence all levels of the organisation from the Board through to junior staff, and our Continental and US teams; communicating complex regulatory concepts and advice in a clear manner, including training and presentations.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills at all organisational levels (internally and externally) and the ability to work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines.
- Analytical skills - issues are identified and assessed within a commercial and legal framework, quickly and acted on decisively.
- Maintains own fitness and propriety for the role, including a commitment to ongoing CPD.
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data for effective monitoring and reporting