The role will be responsible for managing the financial close process, leading transformative automation initiatives, implementation of accounting pronouncements, and supporting business activities/reporting requirements. The position will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for insurance company operations.
- Manage the financial close process, ensuring results are complete, accurate, appropriately reconciled, timely and in compliance with U.S. GAAP and U.S. statutory accounting guidance
- Analysis of key data and performance metrics to provide thoughtful analysis of results and action plans in alignment with the company mission and execution of goals
- Lead day-to-day management of accounting operational and financial reporting teams and development of accounting staff, to ensure appropriate coverage, recruitment of talent and retention
- Prepare annual audit reports on a GAAP and statutory basis
- Lead the implementation of accounting pronouncements on a GAAP and statutory basis
- Support adherence to the company's framework of internal controls, including the design and execution of key controls and attesting to control effectiveness.
- Exhibit strong leadership and maintain effective and collaborative communication with assigned accounting/finance teams, business units, and executive management
- Drive continuous improvement by reassessing day-to-day resource needs, process efficiencies and automation opportunities for potential enhancements