My client is one of the largest banks on Hong Kong with a strong business performance across their Retail Banking, Commercial Bank and Corporate Banking.
While there has been difficult operating conditions related to the pandemic, the company still managed to register modest growth for the full year.
This provide a very unique chance for the chosen candidate to shape the future development of the banking and drive the transformation roadmap. Part of the strategic initiatives cover : new service innovations, develop new markets, partnership & ecosystem, as well as product & service offerings.
- Bank-wide strategy development: Formulate mid-term strategies across various high-value business projects within the business. Develop strategy papers and reports to articulate strategic plan, strategic analysis and business performance to support decision making, ensure bank-wide alignment and solicit approval
- Business strategic study: Lead or support strategic business studies that are cross-Businesses, Functions and/or geographies in nature
- Stakeholder management: Acts as a trusted advisor to the business's executive leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution. Support executive office activities such as presentation materials for external and internal meetings, relationship management with key external and industry bodies and monitoring of business results; advocate and facilitate cross-business collaborations
- External relationship management: Lead relationship with external parties including industry associations and mobilise collaboration and participation by the Bank's relevant departments
- University degree with good knowledge in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related discipline; professional qualifications such as ACCA, HKICPA, CB, CFA, CIIA, FLMI and PMI an asset
- Over ten years of financial services (e.g. retail banking, wholesale banking, private banking, insurance, asset management) and/ or strategy consulting experience for Senior Business Strategist role
- Generalist problem-solving skills with strong conceptual, highly structured and analytical capabilities to deal with ambiguities
- Project management skill with a track record in leading and mobilising cross-functional teams and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written communication, oral presentation and interpersonal skills; Able to articulate conceptual ideas and strategic directives to a wide range of audience