Reporting to the Head of Data and MI, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an enterprise data warehouse as well as supporting business intelligence applications.
The successful candidate will need to have a solid understating of relational databases (OLAP & OLTP), as well as possess excellent communication skills, have an analytical
approach to problem solving coupled with the ability to identify and interpret patterns and trends in data.
The successful candidate must also:
- Quickly integrate in to a fast paced team.
- Be highly analytical and have an excellent grasp of data warehousing (ETL).
- Be able to clearly translate business and technical specifications.
- Develop and amend existing MI reporting in accordance with business requirements.
- Liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Designing and deploying ETL solutions.
- Stakeholder management.
- Database monitoring and tuning.
- Test and reconcile data between source and enterprise data warehouse.
- Create, manage and maintain SSIS projects and packages.
- Create, manage and maintain reports and dashboards using SSRS and Power BI.
- Create, manage and maintain SSAS projects.
Technical skills & expertise:
- Proven experience as a SQL Developer/Tester (industry experience preferred).
- Advanced SQL skills, including the creation complex queries (e.g. nested SQL statements, recursive CTEs, etc.). Dimensional Modelling.
- Microsoft BI Stack - advanced T-SQL, SSIS (with BIML), SSAS (Tabular), SSRS, Power BI and DAX.
- Oracle SQL Developer and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Data modelling.
- Job schedulers (i.e. creating, implementing and maintaining jobs using SQL Agent or equivalent).
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VB.NET/VBA scripting.
- Experience in Erwin DG and Snowflake desirable.