Digital Solutions Engineer
As a Solutions Engineer in the Digital Solutions team, you will deliver across all stages of the development cycle, including initial identification of business challenges and subsequent development of solutions, embedding of solutions into the business and ongoing monitoring of effectiveness of any developed processes.
- Apply design thinking techniques and lean development principles to help architect innovative solutions to a wide variety of business challenges;
- Work alongside and in partnership with teams across the Business Unit in implementing these solutions;
- Develop strong relationships with teams across the Business Unit to help cultivate an on-going pipeline of value-adding work for the Digital Solutions Team
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from the Digital Solutions Team to the wider Business Unit to help instil best practice and enhance capabilities;
- Work on challenges that serve commercial, analytical as well as operational needs;
- Work with external consultants to help supplement internal talent to deliver quality solutions in areas where we lack capabilities, and use these as opportunities for knowledge transfer;
- Develop expertise across a range of enabling technologies used in Europe including Alteryx, AWS, DBMS Technologies, Microsoft 365 & Power Platform, Python, R, SAP, Tableau, and Tyche;
Qualifications / Experience
- Numerate & financially literate, ideally with a financial or actuarial qualification or a highly numerate degree.
- Experience in an analytical role.
- Knowledge of needs analysis, process mapping, requirements gathering & solution discovery.
- Knowledge & understanding of Design Thinking.
- Understanding of value stream mapping and lean development principles.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.