On behalf of our client a speciality provides for primary insurance services in the UK, Oliver James are recruiting for a Finance Reporting Accountant to join our clients team in London.
About the role:
- To be responsible for preparing the IFRS/UK GAAP financial reporting for our client.
- To be responsible for preparing the ongoing UK financial reporting activities for our clients branch.
- To be responsible for the preparation and review of the quarter-end audit files for both client and branch.
- To be responsible for the provision of shared service financial reporting to our client and branch.
- To process financial transactions in the general ledger (for both Group and Local ledger) including technical accounting/investment data feeds as well as non-technical transactions
- To prepare management accounts and statutory financial statements on a quarterly/annual basis
- To prepare the Group reporting deliverables on a quarterly basis
- To work with the Tax UK team on ensuring the tax accounting data is appropriately captured in the general ledger (including VAT/IPT)
- To assist in assessing the impact of any future changes in accounting standards
- To assist in ensuring the completion/review of financial control activities
- To assist in ensuring the completion of the relevant external audit requirements
Key Skills & Experience:
- Internal/external financial reporting experience (i.e. Management Accounts/statutory accounts production)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Knowledge of a group reporting process
- Experience of working with external audit
- Experience in managing the work of other team members
- Above average knowledge of MS Word, MS Power-point and MS Excel, including lookups, pivot tables etc