Seeking aspiring GI reserving actuaries between 3 to 8 years of relevant GI experience who is looking for a step up role next. Multiple vacancies cross established direct insurance in Singapore, across Senior Executive, Assistant Manager and Manager levels. The incumbent should have good actuarial exam progression, and eligible to work in Singapore.
RESERVING & REPORTING
- Support team providing value adding actuarial reserving advice to the Singapore GI business units
- Responsible for IBNR calculation and maintain valuation models
- Perform analytical analysis to support IBNR determination
- Production of Annual Actuarial Reports and regulatory reporting reports
- Perform business plans and forecasts to reflect business strategic initiatives and are in line with targets
- Assists with implementing, monitoring and managing local Governance in line with Group requirements
- Ensure adherence to Controls (e.g. ZRP) according to Group policy for Actuarial Reserving
- Assists with RBC monitoring and RBC parameterization process
RISK MANAGEMENT & CAPITAL MODELLING
- Performs quantitative risk management activities including standard capital modeling, solvency monitoring and stress testing for non-life companies in the region.
- Assists to improve risk quantification process and tools, including natural catastrophe modeling, loss modeling, reserving, investment and credit risk models.
- Provides support on reinsurance pricing and reinsurance optimization projects.
- Assists in the preparation or review of ORSA reports of the group companies within the region.
- Supports on any regional ERM initiatives, focusing on quantitative risk management perspective.
- Conducts regular assessment on current risk management tools and guidelines in view of compliance to regulatory, industry and internal company standards.
- Ad hoc support to actuarial functions such as reserving and pricing.
IFRS17 & REPORTING
- Accountable for financial and regulatory deliveries for GI & Group Health portfolio; and ensure internal and regulatory compliance
- Manage valuation data workflows and reserve models, and uphold best practices
- Lead reserve studies and business planning with the team to provide actionable business insights on the GI & Group Health portfolio
- Drive automation initiatives of actuarial processes for regulatory and management reporting
- Drive the adoption of new data analytic techniques & technology on reserving process
- Develop key IFRS17 implementation initiatives for short term business
- Develop IFRS17 actuarial models, conduct studies for IFRS 17 and valuation assumptions
- Close collaboration with cross actuarial teams and other departments in providing support to automate an end-to-end integrated reporting process
- Support team in financial reporting and ad-hoc project