Working at OJ:
At Oliver James people are our strength, they are our competitive edge and the key to our success and the service we provide.
When you join OJ, you enter an environment where your career progression is taken seriously.
We provide you with the platform to perform to the best of your ability and continuously develop. You have the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of your own career progression and development through a transparent promotion pathway, providing you with a clear route to progress.
Every team at OJ is made of individuals with unique strengths, so we provide an inclusive work culture that is collaborative and committed to a collective vision. You will work with some of the most talent professionals and will be supported by investment in the world's most innovative tools and OJ's agile working environment.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do! If you have the drive to be the best at what you do, you can expect high levels of trust and support in return. Wherever you want your career to go, OJ will provide you with the platform to take your career to the next level.
About the role
The Governance PMO will be part of our specialized vertical, Oliver James Consulting (OJC), focused in the supply of IT Specialists Consultants for projects within our Clients.
The goal of OJC is to support its clients in delivering complex IT projects that vary from implementations to migrations, from development to security projects.
The principal areas of operations within OJC include:
- Operations and Cloud
- Infrastructure & Network
- Cyber Security
To this end, Oliver James is looking for a specialized Governance PMO who will be responsible to monitor and govern the project work executed by our consultants.
You will primarily have a role with both internal contact with our technology specialists and sales teams, as well as externally with our clients to guarantee the positive track record of our projects.
The new PMO we are looking for will be specialized in the monitoring of complex IT projects from start to end. The PMO will also have a key responsibility in documenting all the proceedings of the projects, all whilst creating increasingly positive relationships with our specialists and our clients.
This person will be involved in several activities, such as:
- Monitor and manage a team of OJ Consultants operating on OJC external projects
- Document project advancement, complications, solutions to ensure project governance.
- Generation of reports as to the ongoing advancement and work executed on projects.
- Support OJC Consultants in kick starting projects and eventually managing the finalization of these or eventual handovers
- Support process of consultant referencing before and after projects
Quarterly Project monitoring + Deliverables
- Support OJC Clients in the determination of project deliverables at the start of OJC Projects
- Define project road map with the client.
- Quarterly project monitoring with OJC Consultant and Client to monitor progress and advancement
- Evidence in quarterly report, the work carried out, areas of improvement and future advancement needed in the project.
- Prepare annual documentation with full summary of work carried out throughout the duration of the year/project.
- Relationship Building- Proven track record of building relationships with at different levels of seniority within different business contexts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships.
- Project Management- Excellent skills in planning the monitoring and governance of an ongoing and growing project. Management of a growing portfolio stakeholders involved in the projects managed.
- Collaboration and Communication- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management.
- At least 2 years' experience in a PMO, Project Manager of Business Analyst position.
- Master's Degree in Economics, Business Studies or related degrees
- Strong theoretical understanding of IT systems and concepts
- Able to demonstrate ability to interpret data, run queries and create reports and documentation.
- Solid communication skills and a flexible mindset.
- Proven ability to juggle a high volume of concurrent activities and advanced time management skills.
- Fluency in English is a must; Spanish would be a plus.
What we offer:
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level
- Hybrid workplace
- Tailored training at every level
- Annual Company Events
- Working in a young, collaborative and fast-paced international environment