Head of Backend Development | 80% remote work | .NET / C#
Oliver James is looking for an experienced Leader for a development team in online order management. This is a life-changing opportunity to join one of Switzerland's biggest online retailers. The successful candidate will develop functions and products immediately applicable and used by over 2 million customers. This offering requires at least 2 years of leadership experience in agile environments, a keen eye for detail, and high levels of accountability.
Please note: you need a valid working permit to apply for this position.
Role: Head of Backend Development
Location: Zurich (80% Remote work)
Remuneration: Up to 160k CHF Per annum (Salaries are decided depending on experience and aptitude; the figure could be higher for the right candidate)
Benefits: Several discount packages for global online retailers; Health & Dental insurance; Generous pension contribution; etc.
- Working closely with product owner and software architect to ensure success.
- Hands-on work in conception and programming of witty software solutions.
- Ensure a balance between ultra-fast development speed and scalable architecture.
- Oftentimes you might be asked to support the transition of Frontend components into Microservices.
- You coach software engineers conveying complicated concepts in an understandable way.
- Act as a line manager: your employee's concerns are yours too, and you offer impactful support with your leadership skills.
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams of developers.
- You have been responsible for software architecture and have several years of experience in software development, as well as having worked in distributed applications OR Development of Web portals.
- Technical certification in a field of computer science or having been qualified by experience.
- Very good knowledge of C# and .NET.
- Experience working with microservices and well-versed in DevOps processes.
- Experience with Kubernetes is an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is an advantage.
For this position, you need to present an up-to-date copy of your CV, as well as one or two pieces of relevant referencing information that can contribute to provide a professional testimonial of your work experience.
Reach out via the below contact details if this sounds of interest to you. Feel free to present any other relevant candidates should you know of any.
📲 +41 41 561 64 84