Our client is a rapidly emerging player in the life insurance industry. With over 10+acquisitions of smaller life insurance companies and blocks of business in the last 2 years the company is significantly expanding and looking for strong candidates to grow it's operations.
Oliver James have been exclusively approached to recruit a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (VP of FP&A) reporting to the CFO. The chosen candidate will be responsible for all Finance related aspects of the company including corporate strategic initiatives for capital, expense and debt management. In addition, this role would be a critical member of the Finance team and be a key position in charge of Expense and Capital Management, MD&A document for public company readiness, future 144A process, Board, Audit Committee and Rating agency and other key strategic presentations.
- Manage the quarterly US GAAP results analysis process, including preparation of all results presentation management, including Board and Investor communications
- Manage annual Budget cycle and quarterly US GAAP re-projection process
- Work with Controllership, Investments, Actuarial and Expense teams to ensure accuracy of projections a
- Ensure consistency in modeling assumptions with company's long term economic forecasts
- Track results against near and long term KPIs, and identify opportunities to improve financial results
- Review impact of deal and capital activity on near term GAAP projections
- Manage a team of financial analysts
Key qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in life (re)insurance industry or auditing insurance clients
- Life Insurance OR Reinsurance industry experience with previous growth companies in life and annuities space
- Proficiency in GAAP public MD&A requirements a plus.
- 6-8 years of corporate finance or financial analysis experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
If you feel like your experience fits the above criteria and you would like to be considered further, please apply using the prompts provided or email your resume to Chris.email@example.com