Oliver James are partnered with a private-equity backed primary care provider who are seeking a Health Actuarial Manager to join a new, growing actuarial team as the business embarks on an exciting growth journey. With a focus on Medicare and Value-Based Contracting, you will be responsible for establishing robust actuarial processes across reserving, pricing, forecasting and value-based contract analysis. This is a truly influential position with a view to grow out the team.
Job Title: Health Actuarial Manager
Location: Remote, candidates must reside and be authorized to work in the US
Industry: Primary Care, Health Insurance
Compensation: $140-160k base, equity, 401K match, PTO, Medical, Dental & Vision
Oliver James are partnered with a private-equity backed primary care provider who are seeking a Health Actuarial Manager to join a new, growing actuarial team as the business embarks on an exciting growth journey. With a focus on Medicare and Value-Based Contracting, this role will be critical in shaping the future strategy of the business through forecasting and analysis.
Partnering with clinical teams, you will be developing and implementing key actuarial processes across reserving, forecasting, pricing and analytics. Reporting to the Chief Actuary, you will have one direct report initially, with the view to grow out the team.
- Design the actuarial monthly reserving process
- Review IBNR estimates
- Provide ad-hoc medical economics analyses
- Evaluate performance compared to plan expectations
- Support month end processes of actuarial estimates
- Evaluate risk exposure for value based contracts
- Lead both actuarial and non-actuarial projects
- ASA or FSA
- 6 + years actuarial experience within health
- Experience with Medicare products, Medicare Advantage is a plus
- Experience in reserving and determining IBNR estimates
- Ability to design and implement actuarial processes
If this role is of interest, please apply online or email your resume to Helen.Bilsborough@oliverjames.com to find out more.